Audiobooks from Audible
by: Audible, Inc • 556.7K
Bob Dylan sang "the times they are a changing". When you try apps like this one, you feel that's really happening. Mobile apps are even changing the way we consume books. Reading has an obvious restriction: there are situations incompatible with picking up a book like, for example, running, working out, eating or doing any activity that requires keeping busy both hands and eyes. The solution was quite easy: listening to books. However, it's just now, thanks to mobile devices and apps that it can come true.
Audible features thousands of voice-narrated books, some free and some paid, that can be download and listened to directly from your mobile device. Its database is just huge and fully integrated with Amazon, with makes easy finding titles and pay for them. You can navigate through chapters, bookmark them, sort them by recent, title, author or length, set the narration pace, and even set the sleep mode, which is a timer. One of the plus points of the app is the "button-free" feature which simplifies layout to manage it with a few gestures, especially useful for those moments when you are really busy.
Interface is really intuitive, a scrollable list of featured audiobooks are displayed with a thumbnail, title, author, narrator and length. You can download the audiobook directly from the list. In addition, you can search any title using the top search bar. Finally, you can connect to Facebook and Twitter and let your friends know what audiobook you're listenging to.
In brief, a highly recommended app for those who can't help to devour books.
Tags: audible web service error 004003 , audible , audible web service error , incompatible audible 1.5.7 , vxnxx , xx , audible error 004003 , audible unable to play title , screenshots audible mobilestore
by Manu , Appszoom
Jul 14, 2013
LISTENING IS THE NEW READING
Welcome to Audible, an Amazon company. Home of the world’s largest selection of audiobooks, audio shows, and original series.
Hear A-list celebrities narrate their favorite stories, enjoy full-cast performances, discover Grammy award-winning audiobooks, and more. Listen to your audiobooks anytime, anywhere—at home or on the go with our free app. Even if you switch devices, you'll never lose your place.
Try Audible free for 30-days and get your first audiobook on us!
WHAT’S TO LOVE
- Explore new releases, best-sellers, mysteries, sci-fi, romance, and memoirs – whatever your passion you're sure to find the perfect listen.
- Keep up to date on current trends, news, and events with Audible original audio shows and top stories from The New York Times, The Washington Post, and others.
- Whether you’re relaxing at home, commuting to work, at the gym, or just doing chores, there’s a story for every activity.
WHAT WE’RE LISTENING TO
- Fire and Fury
- IT by Stephen King
- I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart
- Artemis by Andy Weir
EXPLORE FEATURES FOR THE AUDIOBOOK LISTENER
- Access ad-free, premium audio. Listen without interruptions.
- Download your books to listen to offline.
- Automatically sync your audiobooks across all your devices.
- Customize your narration speed.
- Set a sleep timer for up to an hour, or until the next chapter.
WHAT DO I GET WITH MEMBERSHIP?
- 30 days of membership free, plus a book to get you started.
- 1 credit a month after trial, good for any book regardless of price.
- Your own library to build. Keep your books forever, even if you cancel.
- Exclusive, members-only savings. Get 30% off additional audiobooks.
- Easy exchanges. Don’t love a book? Swap it for free, anytime. Seriously.
HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Download the free Audible app
2. Sign in securely with your Amazon account
3. Sign up for your 30-day free trial
4. Choose any book to get started. Your first book is free
WHAT OUR LISTENERS ARE SAYING
“I have felt every range of emotion while listening, getting so caught up that I’m actually ‘happy’ to hit traffic” – James C. Listener since 2010
“My son wouldn’t read. But he listened to book after book and loved them so much, he learned to read!” – Noelle C. Listener since 2006
“I find that audiobooks bring a story to life, and add a dimension to the characters that reading doesn’t always give me.” – Laura H. Listener since 2001
“After my daughter was born, I simply didn’t have time to curl up with a good book anymore. Audible gave that back to me.” Jay O. Listener since 2011
Download the free Audible audiobook player and start listening!