Audible for Android
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- "Button-free" mode
- Bookmark and add notes to books
- Sleep mode
- Connect to your Amazon, Facebook and Twitter account
- Top-notch sound quality
- Most of titles are in English
- Most of titles are paid
Audible allows to listen to a good even when you can't pick one up
Bob Dylan sang "the times they are a changing". When you try apps like this one, you feel that's really happening. Mobile apps are even changing the way we consume books. Reading has an obvious restriction: there are situations incompatible with picking up a book like, for example, running, working out, eating or doing any activity that requires keeping busy both hands and eyes. The solution was quite easy: listening to books. However, it's just now, thanks to mobile devices and apps that it can come true.
Audible features thousands of voice-narrated books, some free and some paid, that can be download and listened to directly from your mobile device. Its database is just huge and fully integrated with Amazon, with makes easy finding titles and pay for them. You can navigate through chapters, bookmark them, sort them by recent, title, author or length, set the narration pace, and even set the sleep mode, which is a timer. One of the plus points of the app is the "button-free" feature which simplifies layout to manage it with a few gestures, especially useful for those moments when you are really busy.
Interface is really intuitive, a scrollable list of featured audiobooks are displayed with a thumbnail, title, author, narrator and length. You can download the audiobook directly from the list. In addition, you can search any title using the top search bar. Finally, you can connect to Facebook and Twitter and let your friends know what audiobook you're listenging to.
In brief, a highly recommended app for those who can't help to devour books.
Immerse yourself in a great story anytime, anywhere, by downloading from a breathtaking range of 150,000+ titles to your Android device—from best sellers to classics, and everything in-between.
Now you can turn on and listen to a good book even when you can’t pick one up—on your way to work, at the gym, while folding laundry, or any other time your eyes and
hands are busy.
• Transfer books to your device over Wi-Fi
• Audiobook chapter navigation, bookmarking, sleep mode, variable narration speed, button-free mode
• Multitasking for background downloading and listening
• Switch between reading and listening with Whispersync for Voice (compatible Kindle device required)
• Access the Audible store to purchase more audiobooks
• Earn badges and keep track of your listening habits and audiobook achievements
• Get insider information about author events and more with the Audible Newsfeed
Listening with Audible is always time well spent. Download the free audiobook app now and discover a smarter way to use your smartphone.
Visit us at www.audible.com or get in touch on Twitter @audible_com
If you're in the UK, visit us at www.audible.co.uk or get in touch on Twitter @audibleuk
Are you in Germany? Go to www.audible.de. Follow us on Twitter @audible_de
Are you in Australia? Go to www.audible.com.au. Follow us on Twitter @Audible_au
Are you in France? Go to www.audible.fr. Follow us on Facebook at audible.fr
What's new in version 1.6
• New navigation makes exploring the app simpler
• Recommended and Similar titles help you to find your next audiobook
• Your listening stats are now stored in the cloud
• Jump-forward added to the player controls
• Notifications inform you when your subscriptions are updated
It has all the features I would want in an audiobook app. Sleep timer, chapter selection, rewind 30 seconds etc.
I love having my books on hand to listen to at any time, but since the last update my player keeps turning off at odd times. What's the deal?
Now I can drive and work whole listening to books
I love this app..
Pretty good app.
Just what I needed
Love this app