Audible for Android
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- "Button-free" mode
- Bookmark and add notes to books
- Sleep mode
- Connect to your Amazon, Facebook and Twitter account
- Top-notch sound quality
- Most of titles are in English
- Most of titles are paid
Audible allows to listen to a good even when you can't pick one up
Bob Dylan sang "the times they are a changing". When you try apps like this one, you feel that's really happening. Mobile apps are even changing the way we consume books. Reading has an obvious restriction: there are situations incompatible with picking up a book like, for example, running, working out, eating or doing any activity that requires keeping busy both hands and eyes. The solution was quite easy: listening to books. However, it's just now, thanks to mobile devices and apps that it can come true.
Audible features thousands of voice-narrated books, some free and some paid, that can be download and listened to directly from your mobile device. Its database is just huge and fully integrated with Amazon, with makes easy finding titles and pay for them. You can navigate through chapters, bookmark them, sort them by recent, title, author or length, set the narration pace, and even set the sleep mode, which is a timer. One of the plus points of the app is the "button-free" feature which simplifies layout to manage it with a few gestures, especially useful for those moments when you are really busy.
Interface is really intuitive, a scrollable list of featured audiobooks are displayed with a thumbnail, title, author, narrator and length. You can download the audiobook directly from the list. In addition, you can search any title using the top search bar. Finally, you can connect to Facebook and Twitter and let your friends know what audiobook you're listenging to.
In brief, a highly recommended app for those who can't help to devour books.
Immerse yourself in a great story anytime, anywhere, by downloading from a breathtaking range of 150,000+ titles to your Android device—from best sellers to classics, and everything in-between.
Now you can turn on and listen to a good book even when you can’t pick one up—on your way to work, at the gym, while folding laundry, or any other time your eyes and
hands are busy.
• Transfer books to your device over wi-fi
• Audiobook chapter navigation, bookmarking, sleep mode, variable narration speed, button-free mode
• Multitasking for background downloading and listening
• NEW! Switch between reading and listening with Whispersync for Voice (compatible Kindle device required)
• Access the Audible mobile store to purchase more audiobooks
• Earn badges and keep track of your listening habits and audiobook achievements
• Connect to Facebook and Twitter to let your friends know what audiobook you’re listening to
• Get insider information about author events and more with the Audible Newsfeed
Listening with Audible is always time well spent. Download the free audiobook app now and discover a smarter way to use your smartphone.
Visit us at www.audible.com or get in touch on Twitter @audible_com
If you're in the UK, visit us at www.audible.co.uk or get in touch on Twitter @audibleuk
Are you in Germany? Go to www.audible.de. Follow us on Twitter @audible_de
Are you in Australia? Go to www.audible.com.au. Follow us on Twitter @Audible_au
Are you in France? Go to www.audible.fr. Follow us on Facebook at audible.fr
What's new in version 1.5.4
• Improved compatibility with Android 4.4 (KitKat) devices
• Improved stability on Samsung devices running Android 4.3
More improvements and fixes coming soon.
-- Older --
• Now supporting Audible.com.au and Audible.fr customers
• Improved syncing with your Kindle device and all other Audible apps
• Ability to quit the application from the player controls notification
• Improved stability and performance
I purchase books and they won't download or show in my library. Frustrating to pay $14.95 a month and can't listen to my purchases.
Everyone knows what audible does more or less, so I'm just going to rate the app not the service. I have a few different readers on my phone: Librovox, Smart Reader, Listen etc. This is one of the better ones. It has all the features you would expect and
This has been one of my better investments. So far it roughly comes to 7 dollars a book. With my work (delivery driving) this makes a 11 hour day great. My work is better and I'm learning or entertained within my 290 mile commute. I used 2 books a month d
Galaxy s4 updated to 4.2. (kitkat) External sd card storage allowed me to stock up on audible books for journeys. Now this useful feature is faulty this limits its use. Tried reinstalling but this made no difference.
Till I installed kit kat. Booo kit kat, don't do it.
Good for tha bible to